Allergy free Bread Crumbs!

So, one of the things I really missed when we took gluten/wheat out was being able to make home-made chicken fingers/nuggets and those lovely Italian dishes like Chicken Parmesan, which require you to bread coat your chicken... I had never thought to try to find safe bread crumbs, then last spring stumbled upon these lovely options while meandering around soap.com. Gillian's Gluten Free Bread Crumbs!They are made from rice flours, and have VERY few ingredients. I was skeptical at first, but figured it was worth a shot, for the sheer meal options it had the potential to open up! I ordered, and waited (impatiently might I add), I received... I pondered, what on earth was I going to start with! Finally, I made a decision. Chicken Parmesan  My hubby was elated at the idea of having his favorite meal again, finally! I went to the deli, purchased just enough cheese to make dinner for whomever was going to be with us, that could actually eat cheese, and got started. I coated them in the flour first, then canola oil, then dipped them in the bread crumbs... VIOLA! Placed them gently on the skillet and hoped and prayed it would turn out ok... Alas, my wait was over. They were splendid. Honestly, you couldn't tell the difference between these and normal bread crumbs, especially after the cooking was all done. Right out of the container, the grains are larger than in your typical "bread crumb", but don't let that fool you. These are great! So, give them a try... You might find yourself secretly wishing you had purchased all 3 flavors the first time around! As always, I hope this helps you in your journey to a "food free" lifestyle that leaves you craving more of what you have, and less of what you shouldn't!

Love, The Allergy Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment