Avocado Ice Cream!! Heavenly, I promise!

Ok, so I've been dreaming of creamy ice cream since day one of the "food free" diet for nursing my youngest little darling. There were a few that came close, but I had to stop eating even those, when we figured out she couldn't tolerate soy at all either. So, I've been living off of sorbet for the last 8 months. Don't get me wrong, it's good, and I'm very grateful to have at least this, but it was still leaving me yearning for MORE... MUCH MORE! See, I love the creamy delight of thick and rich ice cream. Two days ago, my dear friend Shannie was a sanity saver and brought me over a container of home made Avocado ice cream, that is FOOD FREE! YAY! I couldn't believe it. Something THIS GOOD, there is NO WAY it is free of dairy/soy/egg/gluten/chocolate etc etc etc... But it is true!!! It is! I thought I saw a little glimpse of Heaven when I took my first bite. CREAMY, RICH, Decadence! So, here I am to share the recipe... So, Thank you Shannie! Not only a wonderful friend, but a life saver as well!



Coconut Avocado Ice Cream:
Ingredients:
*1 cup So Delicious brand Coconut Creamer (french vanilla flavor)
*1/2 cup So Delicious brand Coconut milk
*2 ripe, pitted, pealed Avocados
*3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
*3/4 tsp lemon juice (I think I may try lime too)

Directions: Puree milk, coconut cream, sugar, avocados, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for several hours until cold.
Once it's sat in the fridge most of the day, throw it in your ice cream maker, and follow the "freezing" instructions of your maker. Once it's creamed and frozen, store in your freezer, and stir a few times while it's in your freezer and freezing. This will keep it from becoming a hard block of ice cream, and make it easier to scoop out like regular ice cream you buy at the store.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I can't wait to try it! Hope you're loving your hair :)

    ReplyDelete